Join us on May 29-30, 2020 for this year’s Church Music Tuneup!
CMT is an annual event for church musicians, singers, and songleaders. It is held at Hope Baptist Church in Toledo, Ohio.
Church Music Tuneup is a 2-day workshop, designed to tune up your music people: the songleader, choir director, special music participants, and choir members.
We are excited to announce that this year’s Church Music Tuneup will be our most practical, hands-on iteration to date. This will not be a time for static note-taking, but for interaction, experimentation, and real-time feedback!
We offer multiple levels of instruction for both pianists and song leaders. There will be skill-level-specific training offered, which we hope will make this year’s Church Music Tuneup profitable whether one is a beginner or advanced musician.
Schedule & Features
- 3:30 pm – Sessions begin
- 5:30 pm – Supper is served
- 9:00 pm – Sessions end
Congregational Songleading Instruction from Jonathan & Matthew Marshall & Caleb Cheedie
- Songleading pattern instruction and theory
- Thinking creatively about the congregational song service
- Discussion on the philosophy of church music and the importance of congregational singing
- Hands-on workshop with interactive instruction
Piano accompanists training with Julie Marshall & Brittany Roque
- Instruction on playing for congregational singing.
- Improving offertories and specials.
- Learning runs, fill-ins, modulations
- 9:30 am – Sessions Begin
- 12:15 pm – Lunch is served
- 4:00 pm – Church Music Tune-up ends
Challenging training for choirs from experienced choral directors Jonathan & Matthew Marshall & Caleb Cheedie
- Building the choir through quality first, then quantity
- Sight singing time for learning new congregational songs
- Practical vocal instruction
- Two new choral octavos
The Concert for the Lord will cap off the event on Saturday from 3:00pm-4:00pm